Thursday, July 7, 2022

What Lies Ahead

 I woke up early in my new surroundings with filtered light coming from behind black out curtains. The house is quiet except for the fan which now has become white noise. My cat Mijo, who I wasn’t sure I wanted him with me on my adventure, sat near me on the bed. Stroking his fur I felt comforted. We’re on this leg of the journey together. I want to ruminate on how I got to where I am at, a house with my full of life grandchildren and more. I feel all that I left behind stacked up high enough to throw me over a cliff. I’m not just falling this time with eminent danger below. I’m sailing downward not knowing where I’ll land. There’s that insecure feeling of letting go. I need to trust in all that keeps me afloat which is my faith in God. As I breathe and relax into my flight, I am able to look forward to what lies ahead. 

No comments:

Post a Comment