Tuesday, April 5, 2016

Beyond Korea

My Spring is here. April has found its way into my year. I am still hanging in a balance with all that life is sending me my way. Lots of stories still from the travels and reestablishing myself at home. I'll get those stories on my blog yet. Today's posting is a couple of poems found in my journals from my time in Korea in December and January.

Juggling Sand

Another day 
Trying tears and tantrums
Little noses to wipe
Refusing the sandwich requested
Antagonizing sister to sister
one has fun, the other screaming displeasure
“I want water”
“What about me?”
Baby crying from the crib
needs love too!
Little noses to wipe again
Forget about the potty training
“Mama, mama, mama!”
Patience dear one
Now where are the keys?
Put on your boots, time to go
Forgot the treats at home

Another day
Juggling sand



Korean Sun

Korean Sun
Ball of fire
Fading in the sky
Don’t look
Don’t be mesmerized
Protect your eyes
Close your eyes
Soak in the rays
a quiet passing
one day to the next
Necessity
hanging in the balance

No comments:

Post a Comment