Friday, July 1, 2022

Second Time Around

 So I’m doing it again. I quit my job as a pharmacy technician at Clayworth Pharmacy in Castro Valley and today is my first day of semiretirement. In two days,  I fly with my cat to Southern California to start my journey. Wait that sounds so easy. My daughter after making space for me in her home is flying up to get me and take ownership of “Mijo.” I’m packing for a vacation that I’ll never return to where I started. I love the San Francisco Bay Area. More recently it became my poet home as I traveled around the Bay from one feature to the next, and one open mic after another. I even had my own readings and brought in new poets to my writer’s group, B Street Writers Collective. Life changes and I’m off in a new direction, another New Adventure. I’m open to landing anywhere from Hawaii to Alabama or even Mexico City. For now there’s a good chance I’ll make a stop at the happiest place on earth, Disneyland. My adventure can’t get better than this. 

2 comments:

  1. I really am missing you. I know you are fine and all three of your daughters are my new hero's

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope you are joyfilled. Grandbabies 💞

    ReplyDelete